12.17.2012

hate

Friday, December 14, 2012 was a day that many of us mothers got up and prepared our children for a day of school. By eleven o’clock that same morning, it was a day that we as parents were aching to reach our children and hug them tightly. Our souls were rocking at the core, our hearts were broken, and our minds were spinning trying to comprehend this horrific tragedy in Connecticut.

I was reading an article tonight, A Day for Hatred by Jen Wilkin, which spoke to my heart. The author mentioned the one question that seems to linger on, would we all hate the sin, or would we hate God? I’ve seen so many post and articles these last few days with people asking how God could allow this to happen. My hearts breaks even harder to know that there are people who think God did this. We live in a “free world,” as I saw someone call it today- a free world of sin and hate.

As a mother, my heart melts into pieces just trying to imagine the pain these parents and families are going through. Lives absolutely shattered for reasons we may never know and our feeling of security for our children has vanished. But the one answer I do know is God didn’t do this to us. A world of hate did. A world of sin did. Our society is so divided and everyone is fighting to get to the top, we forget to stop and take a reality check. We forget how to live a simple life and treat others with love. We forget that we are all of God’s children, and instead run over each other like wild beast. I’m as guilty as they come and it’s time for a change.

The tragedy on Friday, December 14, 2012, wasn’t an act of God, but I know God was there giving wisdom to those teachers as they protected those sweet innocent soles and I know God was there to provide strength to all those affected. I, like Jen Wilkin, choose to hate sin, not God. Tonight, as I reflect once again on this heart wrenching tragedy, I fall to my knees and pray that God’s love and warmth can give these precious families comfort to sustain them until they meet with their precious angles again one day. I pray that our society won’t turn their backs on God, but instead know that this tragedy came from this evil world. I pray that we as a country can simplify our lives from this sinful world that constantly puts evil temptations in our way. I pray for hope and healing. Have mercy on our shattered souls dear Lord, I pray!

Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by our blog!