6.22.2011

If I Could Have A Flower

If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. ~Claudia Ghandi




It saddens me to think that Avery won't remember my Nanny and Pop when they were alive. I wish he could see the smile on their faces when I brought him over to their house, the pure joy in their eyes to see their handsome great-grandson, who they loved so dearly. Much to my dismay, I can't change death to bring them back; however, I can tell my sweet child everything about his Nanny and Pop. I can tell him how much they loved him, how much they loved their family, and how much they loved each other. I can show him precious pictures of them holding him as a baby, I can show him videos of them smiling and talking to him, I can take him to their grave and let him talk to them. No, he doesn't understand yet, but he will one day and he will know everything I can possibly tell him about his precious Nanny and Pop, whom we miss so dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by our blog!