2.06.2009

Habitual Violator


So I will publicly admit that I am a Habitual Violator for the "crime" of locking my keys in my car. I am known state wide for this violation. I committed this crime 5 times in 1 month. Yes, yes, I know-"don't you think you would learn"? Well, I try to learn and remember, but it keeps on happening.

However, my latest lockout incident happened this morning.

I went to crank up my car so that it would be warm for Avery and I when we headed off this morning. It wouldn't crank. "Shoot", I said. So I ran back in the house and told my dad and mom and asked if I could borrow the Yukon. I hurriedly got Avery's car seat buckled in the Yukon and transferred everything from my car into this one. I run back inside and get Avery and rush out the door.

I get all the way to Brenna's and get Avery out of the car, change his poopy diaper, chat with Brenna for a minute and run back to the car to hurry off to work.

Thinking I was going to be terribly late, I sped the entire way. Lucky me, I was going to be early to work, so I stopped by Chick-Fi-La and grabbed some breakfast.

Right when I pull up to pay it hit me..."OH MY GOSH...MY KEYS!!!" Yes, my office keys were on the same key chain as my car keys that were still in the ignition of the car that wouldn't crank.

So I called a co-worker, who had already called in sick today, to come let me in. While I waited for 20 minutes I sat in the hallway of my office building and ate my very tasty Chick-Fi-La breakfast burrito.

How does this happen to me? I think I am cursed!