2.09.2009

Back To School


I went today to Athens Tech. and they said I had been accepted back into college and that I would be getting Pell Grant and HOPE grant!!! So it's official...I am going back to school!

I keep smiling thinking about it. It makes me look back over the past year and a half and think of how everything in my life has changed and how far I have come as a person.

I went to ABAC (a college in Tifton) for 3 years. I wasn't the best student and because of some stupid choices I flunked out. My parents decided to they weren't going to pay for me to live in Tifton anymore and I was on my own. I got a good job working at a law firm and paid for everything myself. I learned so much and I learned the value of a dollar for the first time in my life. I got pregnant in this time period as well and had to grow up even more... and fast!

When I was about six months pregnant my mother and I were talking and I was telling her that I was proud of myself for being able to manage my job and all my expenses on my own the past year, but much to my surprise-she wasn't so impressed. She told me I hadn't done anything in a long time to make her proud. What a blow to the chest that was. Can you imagine how hard it is to hear your mother tell you there wasn't anything in a long time for her to say "I am proud of you!"

Well guess what...

I can't wait to show everybody who ever doubted me being able to be a single mom, work a full time job, and go to school that I CAN DO IT!!! No one is going to bring me down and I cannot wait to get my diploma and say I TOLD YOU I COULD!!!