Let Me Catch You Up

n December 29, 2007 I found out I was pregnant. Since that day my life has changed in every way possible. I moved backed to Athens in February to be closer to my family during the pregnancy. I hated having to leave Tifton and I miss it so much, I know I am better off with my family. On April 15th, 2008 I had an ultrasound and found out I was having a boy! My mom and dad were so happy it was a boy having raised 2 daughters. All and all the pregnancy went well. However I won't lie and say it was all fun. I had major problems with my siactic nerve.

When I was about 34 weeks pregnant I went in for a routine checkup. My doctor measured my belly and noticed I was a lot bigger than I should have been at that week. I went back in at 36 weeks and had an ultrasound to see the estimated weight of the baby. It showed he was weighing about 7lbs 8oz. They told me to decide if I wanted to wait and try to go into labor on my own, have an amniocenteses to check the baby's lungs and go ahead and induce, or if I made it to 39 weeks they would induce me anyway.

Huge and miserable at this point I opted to have the amnio done. I mainly chose this option because there were risk if he got too big that the doctor had discussed with me. So on August 15th I went in for my amnio and that afternoon they told me Avery' lungs were mature enough to go ahead with the induction. That night I went into the hospital and started the process. The next day I was in labor ALL DAY!!! I was on potosin and having major contractions. I had an epidural around 3:00pm because I was in so much pain. Although I felt like I was progressing (b/c of all of the pain) I never dialated past 3cm. Around 9:30pm, Saturday, August 16, 2008 my doctor came in and told me I would have to have a C-section. Avery's heart rate started to drop and my body was just not going to dilate like it should. At 10:43pm Avery Lawrence Heard was born.

Avery had some difficulties breathing when he was born. His first night he had to have a c-pap machine and a bunch of IV's. He stayed in the NICU the entire time, but because he was just a strong boy and got to come home when I did.

Life has been so much better ever since Avery was born!!! Despite the long nights, spit-up, and piles of laundry, life as a mom is the most incredible thing that I have ever known.

Avery is 10 weeks old now and he is such a wonderful baby. He is so happy and he brightens every moment of my life!!!!