9.13.2012

just 3 days {till w-day}


As September 15, 2012 quickly approaches, the jitters have been setting in. The nerves weren't from the thought of standing in front of 100+ people saying my vows or wondering if everything would turn out just the way I have planned. They came from the fear of the unknown. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Chris loves me to pieces. I know without any reservation that I love him more than words can explain. However, I don't know the future, but I kept wondering if I would always be the same person he loved today in 5, 10, 15, 20+ years?

Today, I kept digging deep into my heart to find an answer. I needed clarity that I could and would always be the person he fell in love with. Although I thought of every way possible to stay the same, I realized it was inevitable that I would be a different person in 5, 10, 15, 20+ years from now.  My conclusion was based on the fact that everyday I'm with Chris I strive to be better than I was today. He makes me want to be the best I can be.

When Chris and I found each other, I was broken. I had given up on love and I had given up on the idea of being in love. I was scarred and wounded, but he loved me anyways, shattered pieces and all. Little by little he helped me put the fragments of my heart back together again. He gave me hope, he gave me life, and most importantly, he gave me love. I can honestly say that I never knew what love was and what it could be until I met Chris. With every fiber of my being, I am grateful for the love Chris gives me daily.

In three short days, I will marry this sweet man and start a marriage I am hopeful for. I know God's hand was in this. I know all the heartache in my past played an important role in helping me realize what true love was and is. My heart is bursting with joy, my soul is hydrated, and I am ready to commit my life to this amazing man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by our blog!