8.25.2010

Flash Cards





Avery turned two a little over a week ago. He has a very small vocabulary, to which I'm not concerned about at all, but I thought it was time practice more words. The other night I went to Target and Avery and I strolled down the book isle and looked at flash cards. I personally could not wait to get him and start working with him. I read over the suggested directions and it stated to start out with a few cards at a time, not to overwhelm the child. So I mulled through the cards and picked out a few cards with words/pictures he knew and a few he didn't.

The words/pictures we are working on right now are:
Cow (check)
Dog (check)
Grapes (getting there)
Fish
Pig
Rabbit

Avery get's very excited when I pull out the flash cards. I'm trying to incorporate them even when I can't sit down with him one-on-one. For example, I pulled them out last night as I cooked dinner. He loves being in the kitchen with me, so I would flash a card while he was playing with his trucks. I plan on setting aside time everyday to have one-on-one time with him and the flash cards. I think this is a great way for him to learn and us to spend time together. I will keep you posted on the progress. 

Do any of you have any suggestions on other learning activities? My goal right now is to learn to be a more patient parent and a more hands on parent. Let me know what works in your family!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by our blog!