8.27.2010

Beans, Beans the Magical Fruit...


I don't know about you, but I LOVE beans! It's only been recently that I've gotten into bean salad. I've always liked it, but now I crave it! A week or so ago I made Garbanzo bean salad. Oh, my, my was it tasteful! In fact, it was eaten in a matter of a day and a half. 

This wonderful recipe was concocted by reading over other bean salad recipes.

If you are like me and love beans, then you'll love this recipe. Even if you aren't a huge bean fan, try it. You never know what your taste buds may think!

The recipe is as follows:

Ingrediants:

1- can of Garbanzo beans
1- can of Black beans
1- can of kidney beans (dark or light)
1- celery stalk
1- red pepper
1- yellow pepper
1/3-1/2- red onion
1/2 Bottle of Kraft light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
Red Vinegar (optional)
LOTS of Cumin (I'd say about 4 Tbsp or more)
Garlic powder to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cilantro (optional)

Directions:
Chop peppers, onion, celery, and Cilantro into small pieces. 
Drain cans of beans really well. 
Mix drained beans in with chopped mixture.
Add Cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. 
Cover mixture with Balsamic vinaigrette.
Add a few shakes of red wine vinegar.
Mix well and enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. I bet this is yummy...only baby powell doesn't think we need to try it til after March or atleast the nausea clears LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally getting around to following you back from FMBT. My dad had his new baby Wednesday morning and I've been on the road since Tuesday afternoon.

    I love beans too! I've been doing a lot of black beans lately. I make quesadillas with them and skip the refried beans and add black for regular tacos and burritos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! What an excellent source of protein, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by our blog!