1.14.2009

5 Months


About 13 months ago I was faced with the fact that I was going to be a mother. Not just any mother-a single mother. I remember thinking for so many months..."how am I going to do this?". Well January 16th marks 5 months that I have been a single mom. 5 months that I have gotten up every night to feed my son, change his diapers, bath him, play with him, hold him, (and much more stuff...)but most of love him! Yes I will admit that it's very very hard sometimes and somedays it's all I can do to not give up, but what I realize most is that it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE! I have the greatness of my family and friends to help me, but I will say this and not feel shameful-I and I alone have made the choice to make this situation the best it can be. It is my choice daily to get up and work hard to be the best mother I can be and to provide and make sure my son never goes without. I can also say that I am proud of myself because it would be so easy to give up sometimes, but I haven't and I won't!



So here's to single moms around the world!


With the smile of the newborn
And yet the fear of the unknown
A single mom steps up to life's responsibility.
Who will be there to help?
How long hard will the struggle be?
These rip through her mind as a thorn.

And yet, the radiant smile of the newborn
Reminds her that she is not alone.
For she has him cradled in her arms.
They will make it somehow, some way,
For they have each other and the dawning of a new day.
And the faith that God Himself will be their Father always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by our blog!