12.13.2013

Pop {I'm missing you}

I'm missing my Pop (mom's dad) so much today.  My heart breaks and tears stream down my face.  Today would have been his 83rd birthday. We would have celebrated with all of the family, had birthday cake, and made great memories.

It's been over 4 years since Pop left us and soared to Heaven, and my heart still breaks as if it was yesterday.


Pop, I miss your big, manly, hands that comforted every fear.  I miss your laugh, and gentle smile.  I miss your voice and the way you smelled.  I miss our family gatherings, and the love that we all shared.  I miss when life didn't seem this hard because you always knew what to say. I miss everything about you, every second of the day. 

I hope I've made you proud.  Avery talks about you a lot. I remind him he's named after you and how much you loved him. We look through pictures, we smile, laugh, and cry.  We pass by your house and wish you were there so we could stop by.

Pop, I miss you so much and wish that I could have just one more minute, one more day!


Happy birthday, Pop, from your Doodlebugs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by our blog!