1.09.2012

I remember {21 years ago today}

My sister, Callie, and I are 4 1/2 years apart. We haven't always been the closest of sisters, which I blame mostly on the age difference, but we've always been there for each other nonetheless. Today is Callie's 21st birthday, a big milestone in one's life. It's hard to believe that it's been 21 years since I first saw her. 

I remember the day distinctly by vivid pictures in my head.  I had on a burgundy corduroy jumpsuit with a turquoise turtle neck on, stylish, I know. I remember waiting in the waiting room for her to arrive with my Nanny and Pop. I remember laying my head on my Nanny's lap hoping I could see her soon. I remember walking into the hospital room to see her. I don't remember who was holding her, but I assume it was my mom. The first vivid picture I have of her was when my Nanny was holding her in the chair beside my mom's hospital bed, and I remember just starring in amazement. I remember the nurse coming in to put the stuff on her eyes, you know, that goopy looking stuff they put on all newborns eyes. I remember my parents having the carpet removed from our house during this time and my dad and I coming home from the hospital to new hardwood floors. I remember putting on our socks and sliding around on the new floors. We slid all over the house until my dad got a splinter. It was a special time for my dad and me. He being a new dad again and me being a big sister, we had to celebrate accordingly.  I remember my daddy taking me to daycare the next day for me to tell all my friends about my little sister. I was such a proud big sister.

Now, 21 years later, my sister and I have been through so much together. No matter what, she's always been there to support me. She's a great sister, aunt, and most importantly, my best friend. 
I love you so much, Callie. I know 2012 is a huge year for you and I'm so excited for you. May God always bless you and may you always know I'm here for you.

Happy Birthday, Sis!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by our blog!