5.26.2010

Fruit of the Spirit: Goodness

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.



"For Goodness Sakes!" How many times have we heard that one?


I think back from when I was a child, I remember my parents asking me to do this or that and I would always reply, "for what?" Why on earth would someone ask me to do something and not give me anything in return? Were they crazy?


It's a hard concept for people to learn, I find myself still struggling with this. Every time I clean the house or do the laundry I am asking myself, why am I folding everybody else's clothes or why am I cleaning everyone else's mess? I have to remind myself I do it out of goodness. I do it because as a mom I want my house to be clean, I want clothes to be put away.


Its similar to how Jesus loves us. He loves us just because. Nobody makes him love us, no one makes him forgive us, he does it out of goodness.


We all should try to remember this everyday. When someone ask for your help, don't ask for something in return, graciously provide your help, you know, for goodness sakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by our blog!